2022 Natural Language Processing Capstone Workshop
UCSC's Natural Language Processing master's program equips students with the skills and in-depth knowledge needed for a successful career in the rapidly growing NLP field. This year, students have worked in teams mentored by industry experts to develop Capstone projects that address real-world NLP challenges.
Join us online on August 26 (1 - 5 PM PDT) to learn about each project and participate in our NLP Industry Panel.
To register for the workshop, please complete this form.
- Keynote Address: Hear insights about the future of NLP from incoming UCSC CSE and NLP faculty member, Professor Ian Lane.
- NLP Capstone Projects: Watch student teams present Capstone projects mentored by industry experts from IBM, Interactions, LinkedIn and Google.
- NLP Industry Panel: Join our expert panel of leading scientists for insights on career opportunities in the NLP field.
The 2022 NLP Capstone Projects and Mentors are:
- IBM Research: Probing of Language Models for Code
- Interactions: Neural Models of Supertagging for Semantic Role Labeling and Beyond
- LinkedIn: Comparing Dictionaries and Word Embeddings
- Google and UCSC: Multimodal Knowledge Extraction and Question Answering in Farming
Learn more about this year's Capstone projects and mentors by visiting nlp.ucsc.edu/capstone-projects.
If you have any questions about the event, please contact UCSC's NLP Program Team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Complete this form to register for the workshop and receive a Zoom link to access the workshop.
Friday, August 26, 2022 at 1:00pm to 5:00pm