CSP Spring Seminars
Spring 2021 Coastal Science & Policy Seminars
Register here. Sessions held via Zoom
When: Mondays 4-5/4-5:30pm, unless otherwise noted (*)
- April 19: Dr. Megan Kelso, NatureNet Science Postdoctoral Fellow
- *April 23, Friday 9:ooAM*:Ellen Shenette, Senior Manager, EDF Climate Corps (edfclimatecorps.org) Topic – Learn about EDF’s Climate Corps program and how they are accelerating the transition to a low carbon economy by connecting, empowering and inspiring climate leaders.
- May 10: Dr. David Koweek, Ocean Visions and Stanford Center for Ocean Solutions Topic – Jump-starting a global open community that co-designs and deploys equitable, durable, and scalable ocean solutions to climate change and the planet’s grand challenges
- *May 19, 12-1:30PM*: Elliott Hazen, NOAA Southwest Fisheries Science Center, Associate Researcher & Assistant Adjunct Professor, IMS and EEB; Mark Carr, UCSC EEB and CSP Faculty; and additional guest Topic – Panel on CA Marine Life Management Act (MLMA) Performance and a Recent Climate Change Impacts Report
- Date TBD: Alasdair Harris, Executive Director, Blue Ventures Topic – Rebuilding tropical fisheries with coastal communities – catalyzing locally led marine conservation
- Spring seminars will run from Monday, April 5 to May 24; Final Speakers To Be Determined
CSP seminars run an hour to hour and a half and include both a short lecture, information from the presenter about their career path, and a student-centered QA session.
Students, faculty, staff, practitioner partners, and community members welcome.
Please Register here to obtain zoom link.
Monday, May 24 at 9:00am to 10:30am