Family Opera: My Head is Full of Colors
Audiences of all ages are invited to two free matinee performances at 11:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. of the one-act opera: My Head is Full of Colors.
Please see important admission and COVID-19 requirements below.
Maria awakes one morning to find her normally plain hair replaced by all the colors of the rainbow. Her head is "full of colors," and on this day she draws and paints like never before. Each day she wakes up with something unexpected in her head and experiences the world in new and different ways. Her father responds to her vivid imagination with loving arms and fascinated observation. My Head is Full of Colors is a life-affirming self-esteem lesson that ignites imagination and reflects the joys of life and learning.
Composed by Chris Pratorius Gómez
Libretto by Nicole Paiement
Based on the children's book by Catherine Friend
UC Santa Cruz singers perform
Directed by Sheila Willey
Conducted by Michael Blackburn
If you have a disability-related need, please contact the Arts Events Office at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.
* * * * *
Attend in person.
Free and open to the public.
Free tickets will be available online: Registration details to be announced.
Two performances: 11:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m.
Doors are scheduled to open 30 minutes prior to start time.
All attendees must wear an approved face covering while inside the venue for the duration of the event.
UCSC students must present:
Green clearance badge
UCSC employees must present:
UCSC Symptom Check clearance
Visitors must present:
1. UCSC Symptom Check clearance
2. Proof of vaccine -OR- PCR test
- Children under 5 must show negative PCR Test
- Children 5 and older must show proof of vaccine -or- negative PCR Test
• Symptom Check questionnaire must be completed on the day of the event.
• Vaccine card, image, or digital record accepted.
• International attendees may show their translated vaccine record.
• Negative result from a PCR test taken within 72 hours of the start of the event.
• Home tests/antigen tests are not accepted.
Please familiarize yourself with the full COVID protocols here. We recommend you review this in advance.
The closest parking lot to the Theater Arts Center is Arts Lot #126.
Purchase a permit in advance or pay for parking via ParkMobile.
See Transportation & Parking Services (TAPS) for visitor parking information, ParkMobile instructions, and a campus parking map.
Saturday, March 12 at 1:00pm