Get an insider's eye into interviewing job candidates
Interviewing for Success: Using Structured Interviewing Techniques
Improve your interviewing skills and evaluation techniques through discussion, lecture, role-playing, and videotaping so you can make more effective candidate selection and hiring decisions.
This one-day workshop with Julius Schillinger is focused on the needs of staffing professionals, managers, and supervisors, but it's also a great workshop for students who are active in the job market.
- Conduct an effective, legally compliant, initial phone/video screen of selected candidates
- Apply a structured, flexible interviewing process, using four-phase, nine-step model presented in class
- Prepare and execute a resumé-based interviewing agenda to elicit decision-making information
- Use effective, job related behavioral, situational, self-assessment and open-ended interview questions
- Evaluate a candidate’s behavioral evidence from interview against the job requirements
- Identify non-compliance risks related to federal and California law and legal guidelines for interviewing
- 6.5 hours for HRCI®: PHR®, SPHR® and GPHR® general recertification credit
- 6.5 PDCs for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®.
Saturday, November 14 at 9:00am to 5:00pm