Labside Chats: A Conversation with a Scientist, featuring Mark Carr, Ph.D.
Tune in for the next Labside Chat with Mark Carr, professor of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology at UC Santa Cruz, on Thursday, July 30, 2020, at 11:00 AM PDT, to explore the structure and dynamics of nearshore marine ecosystems.
Join the conversation! Submit your questions in advance for Mark, then watch the conversation to hear the answers during the live chat. Help us put together questions such as:
- What is a marine heatwave, and how does it affect temperate ecosystems such as kelp forests
- Do habitat and oceanographic features such as temperature, currents, or waves influence the distribution of juvenile fish?
- What technology is used to monitor fish populations in nearshore ecosystems?
- How is basic ecological information, such as life history or reproduction strategies, applied to the conservation of marine species and management of their fisheries?
- Do Marine Protected Areas (MPAs) receive continuous monitoring?
We want your questions! Submit your questions in advance HERE.
Thursday, July 30 at 11:00am