5 Top Data Skills to Learn This Summer
What can you learn about data this summer?
Every industry wants to better understand the data that helps makes sense of events and sets effective strategy.
In this free, 60-minute Job Market Insights webinar, Partha Padmanabhan, M.B.A., will explore the most in-demand and accessible data skills that you can learn this summer.
He’ll talk about the technological expertise that industry is scrambling for and why it’s a benefit for you to better understand data—regardless of whether you’re an engineer, a business manager, web developer, or a scientist.
This is a great overview discussion of five data skills you can learn quickly and have a big impact on your job marketability fast.
If the plan is to prepare yourself to excel in your career, you need the best tools.
- OVERVIEW—Making data accessible and usable. What are key data skills does industry need today and can I provide it?
- DATA MODELING—The process of creating the structures to store and consume data from database with principles and rules applied in and around it.
- DATA ANALYSIS—The process of obtaining, verifying, cleaning, transforming, and modeling the complex data that are in structured and unstructured formats and that enable decision making and prescriptive and predictive analysis.
- DATA VISUALIZATION—The presentation of data in a visual and graphical format where the datasets are in volumes and cannot be consumed in text and numbers.
- R PROGRAMMING—A computer language commonly used in data analysis for statistical computing and graphics.
- PYTHON—One of the fastest growing computer languages that facilitates GUI application development, data processing, and data analytics by leveraging preexisting packages available on the web.
Partha Padmanabhan, M.B.A., is a data architect at one of Silicon Valley’s leading technology companies. He has more than 25 years of experience in information technology and has worked in data modeling for more than 10 years. He teaches Data Analysis, Introduction and Dashboards and Data Visualization at UCSC Silicon Valley Extension where he also serves as chair of the Database and Data Analytics certificate program advisory board.
ABOUT JOB MARKET INSIGHTS
Job Market Insights is a weekly community discussion providing strategies for professional success in this crazy job market. It is hosted by UCSC Silicon Valley Extension, the professional development arm of UC Santa Cruz.
Wednesday, June 24, 2020 at 1:00pm to 2:00pm