Records Disposition Day
FREE, confidential records pick-up & shred service
One Day Only--Friday, July 9, 2021
The Records and Information Management (RIM) office invites your department/unit to participate in Disposition Day on July 9, 2021. Disposition Day is an annual event that encourages the safe and secure destruction of inactive, confidential university records, the transfer of historical records to the University Archives and promotes the UC Santa Cruz Records Management Program and policies.
To schedule your free pick-up with our certified confidential shredding company, contact Patty Musser at email@example.com by June 25, 2021. Bins will be delivered to you on Friday, July 2, and will be picked up on Friday, July 9.
Important Procedures for Records Disposition:
- Collect your inactive records for pick-up (confidential, non-records, past retention, and media such as CDs, DVDs etc.) according to the UC Records Retention Schedule.
- Inactive records of historical value should be reviewed in consultation with the University Archivist for possible transfer to the University Archives. See http://guides.library.ucsc.edu/UARCtransfer or contact the University Archivist for guidance in assessing the historical value of your records.
- For each paper record purged, the corresponding electronic record must be purged as well.
- Never put confidential, personally identifiable information (PII), or information that could be inappropriately used into an open public recycle container. Use the locked shred bins that we can deliver to your office, for pick-up on July 9, 2021.
- DO NOT destroy records that are under a Public Records request, pending or foreseeable litigation or investigation activity, or under audit.
- Enjoy a more spacious and clutter-free work area knowing that you have complied with the UC Records Retention Schedule!
Friday, July 9 at 9:00am to 5:00pm