Job Searching Strategies for HR Students, Interns, & Recent Grads
Learn strategies to help you boost your job search effectiveness in the field of human resources in this free, 90-minute webinar for students, recent grads and interns.
Eric Knott, PHR, a SHRM-CP, owner of FinePoint HR, a Phoenix-based HR consulting firm, will be talking about:
- How to evaluate potential companies.
- How to use LinkedIn to truly compliment your job search.
- Unique advantages students and recent grads have regarding interviewing for positions.
- The types of questions companies are asking during interviews and how to respond.
- How and when to negotiate an offer in the current business climate.
- What type of positions to expect when starting your HR career in a challenging market like this.
- Understand how to streamline the job search while leveraging the student (or recent grad) status.
- Identify key approaches to leveraging LinkedIn and professional association (e.g., SHRM) networking events to truly compliment the job search and reduce the time spent job hunting.
- Prepare for, and successfully navigate, common fresh-from-college interview questions and approaches including behavioral, situational and case interviews.
This event is sponsored by the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) Northern California and is free to students and SHRM members. $5 for others.
Login information is sent 1-3 business days prior to the webcast date.
Friday, July 17 at 12:00pm to 1:30pm