POSTPONED: UC Santa Cruz Alumni Excursion: Birding and Natural History of Santa Cruz and the Monterey Bay
THIS EVENT HAS BEEN POSTPONED; STAY TUNED FOR UPDATES
Join us for a very special two-day excursion in the Monterey Bay and Santa Cruz's north coast, September 12–14. With students, faculty, and alumni experts from UC Santa Cruz, we will explore the areas birding and natural history.
The cost is $375 per person for all activities, meals, and transportation included in the list below. All are welcome at this event, Banana Slug or not!
• Welcome reception and private tour of Kenneth Norris Center for Natural History. Lecture by Chris Lay, Administrative Director at Kenneth Norris Center for Natural History.
• Kayaking and lunch through Elkhorn Slough led by UC Santa Cruz alumnus Dave Johnston and Chris Lay
• Presentation by Kerstin Wasson (Ph.D. '96), Research Coordinator Elkhorn Slough Reserve and Foundation
• Hike through the Slough
• Birding and hike at Big Basin- Rancho del Oso – Lead by State Park Interpreter and Docent Coordinator, Jeremy Lin (Kresge '10)
• Lunch at Big Basin Nature and History Center
• Bird Drawing Class at UC Santa Cruz Coastal campus
• Private wine and cheese reception and dinner overlooking the bluffs and the Pacific Ocean
• Private dinner and lecture by Bruce Lyon Professor Ecology & Evolutionary Biology
Thursday, September 12, 2019 at 6:00pm
Santa Cruz and Monterey counties