UCSC Opera: The Little Prince
UCSC Opera students perform Rachel Portman's enchanting opera, The Little Prince, along with members of the University Orchestra and members of the Sequoia Symphony. This production includes a special collaboration with El Sistema Pajaro Valley and elementary students from Gilroy and Watsonville joining our cast as birds.
Based on the mysterious fable by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, the opera centers around the story of a pilot, who having crashed in the desert, makes the acquaintance of a prince from a far-off planet and addresses themes of love, identity, and loss.
This family-friendly production is conducted by Bruce Kiesling and directed by Sheila Willey.
Costumes designed by Marisely Cortes.
Hair and makeup by Sharon Ridge.
Set and lighting design by Dave Dunning of Legend Theatrical.
Graphic design by Dina Clark.
- Free and open to the public.
- Ticket required for entry.
- Seating is assigned.
- Reserve tickets/seats in advance at UCSCtickets.com up to 1 hour before the advertised start time.
- Tickets are available online only and there will be no sales window or will-call tickets for pick up at the event.
- Ticket holders who are not in their seats by the advertised start time may forfeit their reserved seat.
- Any remaining seats will be available on a first-come, first-served basis at the event (no ticket required).
- Doors are scheduled to open 30 minutes prior to event start time.
- Haze/fog effects.
- This presentation is approximately 90 minutes with a 15 minute intermission.
- Review the COVID-19 protocols as outlined here.
- If you have a disability-related need, please contact the Arts Events Office at email@example.com as soon as possible.
FULL SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
- Thu, Jun 1, 7:30 p.m.
- Fri, Jun 2, 7:30 p.m.
- Sat, Jun 3, 7:30 p.m.
- Sun, Jun 4, 3:00 p.m.
- Arts Lot #126 is the closest parking lot to the event.
- Parking is $5 or by permit.
- Purchase a campus permit in advance, from the on-site attendant at the event, or use ParkMobile in Lot #126.
- Visitors with DMV placards or plates may park for free in DMV spaces, Medical spaces, or ParkMobile spaces without additional payment, or in time zones for longer than the posted time.
- See Transportation & Parking Services (TAPS) for visitor parking information, ParkMobile instructions, and a campus parking map.
Graphic Design by Dina Clark
Sunday, June 4 at 3:00pm
Music Center Recital Hall
400 McHenry Road, Santa Cruz, California 95064